About the Justice Jobs website
justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io is provided by the Ministry of Justice.
The Ministry of Justice is the data controller for justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io. If you follow a link to another website such as completing a job application, the organisation providing that service will:
- be the data controller
- be responsible for processing any data you share with them
- publish and manage their own privacy notice with details of how to contact them
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics and Hotjar tracking software to collect information about how you use justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics and Hotjar process anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics and Hotjar (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics and Hotjar to see how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve the site
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io.
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics and Hotjar is your consent.
For more information, see the Ministry of Justice personal information charter.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other government departments, agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your data in analytics
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics and Hotjar may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Links to other websites
justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io, and does not cover other websites that we link to. These websites have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to justicejobs.staging.wp.dsd.io from another website
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
Contact us or make a complaint
For more information on your rights and how to complain, see the Ministry of Justice personal information charter.
You can contact our privacy team at:
MoJ Data Protection Officer
3rd Floor, Post Point 3.20
10 South Colonnades
When we ask you for information, we will comply with the law. If you consider that your information has been handled incorrectly, you can contact the Information Commissioner for independent advice about data protection.
You can contact the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, the Ministry of Justice will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated 23 January 2020