Senior Civil Service
Our leaders come from a range of backgrounds, delivering a fairer and more just society.
What do we look for?
We need leaders who can recognise that the way our organisation needs to work is changing. Across the department and our agencies, we are transforming the way we deliver justice. We are modernising our estates, courts and prisons and delivering new and improved digital services to help us deliver justice. Our people are based across the country and we have embraced a culture of flexible and remote working. Our leaders must be able to move with this change whilst motivating and engaging their teams towards this new future.
Things you need to know
Founded on our MoJ values, we expect our leaders to demonstrate the following three leadership behaviors:
- Demonstrating openness to new ideas, no matter where they come from
- Working together with colleagues to achieve the best outcome for the public
- Treating others with humanity by recognising that we are all individuals, regardless of the task
- Ensuring colleagues have autonomy to take opportunities to deliver our common purpose of a fairer and more just society
- Recognising that working together generates collective success
- Showing humanity to all colleagues to generate trust
- Being open to change and innovation
- Work across boundaries to achieve our common purpose of a just and fair society
- Demonstrating humanity by valuing colleagues and supporting them to be their very best
See the Civil Service Leadership statement for more information
We offer a competitive starting salary for external candidates applying to the Civil Service. Our salaries are defined according to the role and can be found within the individual candidate information packs.
Stage 1 – Application
You are required to submit a CV and supporting statement.
Stage 2 – Assessments
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to attend an assessment.
The assessment will be will include:
- Staff engagement exercise
- Individual leadership assessment
Stage 3 – Interview
45 minute interview with presentation